These days most of the phones that are available in the market come with rich features. When you lose an expensive cell phone with your sensitive data inside it, you may get disturbed very much. If you had enabled password protection on your phone, there is a possibility that your data can remain safe. Here we have listed down some tips that can help you find your lost phone. Here are five things you can do in such a situation:
1. Call on your phone and also send a text message. If a good person has found your phone, he will not in meeting you to return your phone. However, chances are there that your phone may be unavailable or switched off when you call your phone. If someone happens to pick your phone, you need to plead and request him to give back your phone. You can offer him a reward.
2. Find out the IMEI number of your phone. The number can be found on the box package of your phone. You can visit a police station that is located near the place where you lost your phone. File an FIR and provide them your IMEI number.
3. Make use of the security apps to get back your phone. Anti-theft apps often people find their phone back. When the thief tries to insert his SIM card after removing yours, the app will automatically send a text message about its location to a pre-saved number. Through GPS, you can learn about the exact location of your phone. You can also remotely wipe off all the data of your phone.ind out the IMEI number of your phone. The number can be found on the box package of your phone. You can visit a police station that is located near the place where you lost your phone. File an FIR and provide them your IMEI number.
4. When you lose your phone, you should not lose off. Imagine the scenario when you lost your phone and go back to those places where you think your phone was lost and look carefully. May be your will be able to find your phone fallen at some place.
5. When you lose your phone, you should not panic. It can be very disheartening and if you start panicking, you won’t be able to think logically. Hence, you need to remain calm and think of the ways to get back your lost phone. The worst thing that can happen to you in this situation is that you may end up buying a new phone for yourself.