Do you own iPhone (3, 3G, 4, 4S)? Even though there are many apps listed in the App Store, you may want to install third-party apps on your iPhone. Usually the iPhone will not allow you to install certain apps on the phone if they do not meet the rules set by Apple. When you jailbreak your iPhone, you can take advantage of many new features such as tethering, capturing videos, play various video formats, location based navigation, transfer files across Bluetooth and more. You can not only jailbreak your iPhone but also other Apple iDevices like iPad.
It does cost you anything to jailbreak your iPhone. Jailbreaking is not related to unlocking the iPhone. Some think that jailbreaking is only meant for tech savvy people. It is not true. All you need is a latest computer with a high speed web connectivity and follow the tutorials and required programs available and you will be able to jailbreak your iPhone within half an hour. Jailbrekaing your iPhone will not break the warranty of the phone. Also jailbreaking will not cause you to lose your information. Even if there is any failure, your iPhone can be brought back to normal state through the recovery mode.
Here are some of the benefits you can get when you jailbreak your iPhone:
1. After jailbreaking your iPhone, you can install apps from Cydia. Cydia is an alternative online application store for App Store.
2. When you click a link, the link is opened using the Safari browser in default even if you have Opera or other browser installed on the phone. You can install BrowserChanger to let you choose your favorite browser when you click on a link.
3. You can make FaceTime calls (video calls) even when you are not connected to the Wi-Fi.
4. After you jailbreak your iPhone, you will have quick access to frequently used items like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and display settings.
5. You can personalize the look of your iPhone to sport a look that you prefer. You can install Winterboard themes that will make your iPhone appear from other iPhones.